Friday, September 21, 2007

am i on the puget sound?




Hello from Vermont!

This is carson here, trying my hand at the blog for the first time! being out here on the east coast is not so different as i expected. we are staying at a beautiful house on lake champlain, which feels to me a lot like the puget sound. i have walked around the lake, to the lake, looked at the lake from the window, all in an attempt to not let go of my northwest roots! It's been scary at times coming to terms that i am indeed off on my trip and not in the comfort of my familiar home. saying goodbye was a challenge i had overlooked and it hit me full on the last week before leaving...but it taught me a valuable lesson on how much i love (my) people and to remember to take advantage of that as much as possible in every day. new friends or old. and so here i am getting ready to adventure on past this lake that reminds me of home. tomorrow we are going into burlington to explore this quaint town, the age of the buildings emanates clearly. old brick and styles that match my ideas i've read from books jump out life size and shock me with their impressiveness. tonight lived up to my expectations as well: a bet that was made over a game of texas hold 'em came to fruition as mel took home all the chips on a pair of kings. the winner received a pint of ben and jerry's ice cream (peanut butter cup) and a 4 person, 1/2 hour massage. she ooohedd and ahhhhed her way through the session and was a blissful puddle of joy. we also attended an anusara yoga class this evening focusing on muscle energy, pulling our inward reflection closer to the center, remembering to give ourselves permission to send out our self-expression with every breath we let go of. thank you again for all the friends and family that came to support us in leaving, and for everyone who didn't make it thank you as well for thinking of us and sharing in our experience!

carson

No comments: